Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bugs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dkeeley
354 Views, 2 Replies

Possible Bugs

Hi,

I have spotted two potential bugs;

1) A user cannot clone an item when there are is a section displayed that they have read-only access to.

2) When sending an email via a script. If the email body is set to an advanced print view the enire script fails to run. You do not get an error message that the script hasn't run.

David.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jpiggee
in reply to: dkeeley

David,

Let me look into number 1.

But as for number 2, the failure of the script isn’t related to the advanced print view in an email per say.

“A script will fail regardless of what causes it to fail. I.E. If one part is wrong and the rest is right, the whole script fails and not executed.”  This being said, make sure you are using the proper name of the advance print view. Also check the error log for the script for a better reasoning as to while the script failed.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 3
jpiggee
in reply to: jpiggee

David,

Looking at number 1.

When cloning a workspace that has a restricted section, a user that has read only access to a section should not be able to clone this information, being that they are not allowed to write in this area for security reasons.

The main reasoning for this is if this information is used as a precondition this could allow a user to bypass security measures, and could possibly pass a major project for completion without ever needing the proper notifications to the other parties.

I would suggest if you want this to be clone-able, rethink why the read-only section is in place and if it is necessary for every time the action is created. If you want it to be clone-able we will be more than happy to look over the ideas you are working with and see if there is a better option for you.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report