Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Workspace Filtered Picklist Solution?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DonovanJr
443 Views, 2 Replies

Multi-Workspace Filtered Picklist Solution?

I have seen the posts about the functionality not currently available to have a picklist pull information from multiple workspaces. But I was wondering if anyone had come up with any work arounds?

I am using the Sales Quote workspace where I have three picklist fields to define the Customer, Shipping Address & Quote Contact which then are each used for several derived fields to display information from these workspaces on the quote item details tab.

Since these three fields are related by the key field customer in each workspace I would like to have the Shipping address & Contact picklist fields filtered by the selection made in the customer picklist field. As it is now these two fields display the complete list of records in the respective workspaces which is confusing and could lead to incorrect information entered on the sales quote record.

I also tried creating a third workspace that combines all this information using it for the picklist and I get the desired picklist filtering but because the three fields are filtered they cannot be used for the derived fields.

Any ideas for current work around.

Bob Donovan

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jpiggee
in reply to: DonovanJr

Bob,

Have you thought about using an on edit script that would go through the key linking picklist?  

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 3
DonovanJr
in reply to: jpiggee

Yes, And that is what we are currently working on setting up. This post was to see if currently there were any other ideas. I see there are several post in the Idea Exchange as well. I am certain that this limitation will get addressed. BD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report