Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import and update contacts

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
XavierCollet
634 Views, 5 Replies

Import and update contacts

Hi,

I have created a "Contact" workspace, I have imported some contacts (firstname, lastname and e-mail) in this workspace and would like to "reimport" an updated list of contacts (same firstname and lastname but some e-mail have been changed)... When I do so, PLM360 never update my contact but recreate new contacts...

Am I doing somthing wrong???

Xavier

Xavier
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Madhan_T
in reply to: XavierCollet

Hi,

Please choose "Match On" option to update the existing value. Attached image is for your reference.

Regards,

Madhan

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
XavierCollet
in reply to: Madhan_T

Great it works fine!

Xavier
Message 4 of 6
broepke

Xavier,

Another thing I've learnt thorugh experience is to ALWAYS have an Autonumber field on all your workspaces.  Even if it's something you just put at the bottom of the form.  This makes is so much easier to import and match data with exact accuracy later.  While you can match on multiple values - you still might have two people with the same name in your contact list.

This is simple - you can add it any time you want - even after records are created - just go to setup and add a single auto-number filed.  It will prefex it with two letter - you can see all over the workspaces we've changed these to a two letter abbreviation for whatever your working on  - "CN" or "CT" or whatever you want.  Makes it easy to identify (doesn't have to be globally unique)

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
XavierCollet

Hi Brian,

I do agree with you,... and I would do the same on a production workspace... but I am just doing "quick and dirty" tries. ;o)

Thanks
Xavier

Xavier
Message 6 of 6
broepke

Great to explore - finding this "key match" is a great trick!

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report