Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Script

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dkeeley
526 Views, 5 Replies

Import Script

Hi Folks,

I am trying to set the workflow state of items that I am importing into a workspace. I can get the items to import correctly but the script does not seem to run on import. I have the following set as an 'Action Script'

item.performWorkflowTransition(215, 'DK Test');

This script functions exactly as required when configured for workspace behaviour (Create and Edit). It also works when used within a trasition in the workflow (including the 'Start' transition). However no matter what I try I seem unable to get the script to run during workspace import.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

David.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michelle.stone
in reply to: dkeeley

David - as you've probably guessed, the import tool does not call scripts.  This would make a great suggestion for the Idea Exchange.  Perhaps an optioin in the Import Tool to either run scripts or not. 

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
dkeeley
in reply to: michelle.stone

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the quick reply. I may be able to get round my problem in another way. I'm importing 1200+ items into a basic workflow workspace. The problem is that I can't seem to find a way to change the workflow state at import. There's about 1000 items that I need to change state workflow state for. 

Is there a way to edit multiple items at once? This would allow me to use the 'edit' workspace behavior script to update the workflow state. Alternatively is there any way to run a batch script on all items in a workspace?

Thanks,

David. 

Message 4 of 6
scottmoyse

I personally think its essential to be able to bulk modified both workflow & lifecycle states.

I believe you can bulk modify Item lifecycle states via the revisioning & revision controlled workspace 'relationships', via a Change order for example.

But there are a number of situations where you need to bulk modify item workflow states, on import is certainly one of them. But also if you have 10 or more items changing state at the same time, its desirable.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 6
dkeeley

Any ideas?

Message 6 of 6

Hi threre,

I have the same problem as dkeeley. Any solutions to the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report