Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking to have data inputted after a certain transition in the workflow

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Chad.Ehnert
460 Views, 3 Replies

I'm looking to have data inputted after a certain transition in the workflow

I'm looking for a way to add information after a certain transition point.  So far I have not seen how this can be done.  Here is my example:

Using Basic workspace with workflow:

Customer enters a test request with all their information. They then submit the request so that its now in our hands where we review the submission.  If everything seems in order, we give the test request a testing date, a test personnel is assigned and the customer will be able to see our (test labs) inputs.  (there is more to this but for clarity I chose only two items to add after the submission transition.

I would be ok with adding this information upfront in the "Item Detail Tab" but have specific permissions set as to who can fill in the specific data entry blocks.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: Chad.Ehnert

Chad,

At this point there isn’t a valid solution for what you’re looking to do by automation (i.e. locking sections by scripting). However I do suggest adding this to the IdeaStation, and we may be seeing this as a feature in the near future.

As an afterthought, you could utilize a locked (hidden section) to do this.

Example:

Section 1 is filled out by customer. -> workflow step is approved. -> Section 2 (hidden from customer) is filled by your team. -> workflow step -. Section 2 is written to section 3 which is read only and visible to the customer.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 4
Chad.Ehnert
in reply to: jpiggee

Still new to PLM360.  Is there a tutorial or something similar on how to do this?

Message 4 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: Chad.Ehnert

Chad,

You can read more about this in the wiki help at:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0041-Administ41/0051-Setup51/0052-Workspac52/0055...

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report