Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Source Record info from Filtered Picklist fields

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
BiggePLM
567 Views, 1 Reply

Getting Source Record info from Filtered Picklist fields

Is it possible through scripting to get to the source record details through a filtered picklist field.  As I understand filtered picklist fields currently only return the value selected or null if not selected.

In a Drawing Request Task Workspace, I have two filtered picklist fields which when selected will define a single record from the picklist source workspace.

I need to get that source record DMSID to:

A) Use scripting to add the Drawing Request item I am creating in that Source DMSID's linked item tab.

B) Store alink to that source in another single selection picklist in the current Drawing Request Records item details as a reference link.

Think of this as the reverse of adding the task directly from the Source Item linked items tab. I need to utilize the filtered picklist to ensure proper selection of records by limiting selections presented.

BD

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dvirh
in reply to: BiggePLM

Yes, it is possible, but only if you set it up that way.

As you've pointed out, filtered Picklists generally return only the value that is selected simply because there could be multiple items in the target workspace that have the same value. In order to set it up to link back to a particular item, you need to add another field to the Filtered Picklist set that holds the Descriptor of the selected item. You can set it up by choosing 'Item Descriptor' and 'Filtered' as in the following image

Descriptor.png

Like other Filtered Picklist fields, this field will get populated automatically if choices made in the other Filtered Picklist fields results in a single target item. This descriptor will also allow you to find the original item using a script.

one thing to note is that in order for this scheme to work, the Descriptor in the target workspace MUST BE UNIQUE. If the Descriptor is not unique, it will still work but it is somewhat arbitrary which of the items that share the same dscriptor will be used by the script.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report