Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End date is required error

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
scottmoyse
630 Views, 13 Replies

End date is required error

I can't add these tasks to my Project Management tab, its telling me I need to add an end date, as you can see there is one. I have been adding tasks to this PM with no issues up until these two.

5-10-2012 9-38-39 a-m-.png

weird eh!?!?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
scottmoyse
in reply to: scottmoyse

I can't add any tasks which have an end date later than the 12th October!

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 14
michelle.stone

Scott - can you verify if you have the Default Date Format in the General -> Global Setup Options set to DD/MM/YYYY and not MM/DD/YYYY?

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 14
scottmoyse
in reply to: michelle.stone

its set to DD/MM/YY:

5-10-2012 9-38-39 a-m-.png

I can add tasks with dates after the 12th in my SMItemp tenant but not in the SMI one.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
scottmoyse

I have also checked the date & time format of my user profile, they are ok & both match in either tenant.

I've also turned off the scripting in the tenant with the error to see if the script generated milestones for those particular dates was causing any problems, but that was the same.

I've wondered if its something to do with 2 weekends being excluded between Start & End date, but turning that option off didn't help either.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 6 of 14
scottmoyse

I don't think it is a data formatting issue, because it accepts the 15/09/2012 as an end date.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
scottmoyse

My current work around is to add the item to the PM tab with an earlier date, then modify the items milestone afterwards.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 8 of 14
michelle.stone

Scott - I'm able to recreate and will report.

moyse.png

Michelle Stone
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 14

Scott - turns out it's known issue and being addressed.  Sorry for the inconvenience! 

Michelle Stone
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 14
scottmoyse

ok cool, its strange how its ok it works in one tenant but not another. They are both .net tenants as well. Aaaanywho at least you could reproduce it, & I have a workaround, albeit a slightly annoying one.

Cheers for getting onto it Michelle! leeeegend

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
scottmoyse

This could also be another clue with the issue Michelle, notice how the data flips around:

video

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
scottmoyse

oh and the error gets thrown when you edit the PM & add a 'Pre' to a row which has a date later than October 12th.

So Michelle, is PLM 360 trying to tell us the world is going to end on the 13th?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
michelle.stone

LOL Scott!  Just so you know you're not alone, another company also using the DD/MM/YYYY format reported it so nothing personal.

Michelle Stone
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 14
scottmoyse

So the worlds going to end for them as well on the 13th! is it a coincidence that its the number 13?

I've been finding these other pointers so thought I was better to share than keep it to myself, I'm not artificially raising my post count.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report