Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customisation feedback - Can this be done?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Chad-Smith
383 Views, 2 Replies

Customisation feedback - Can this be done?

I have an idea which I would like to get an idea on from other more experienced users as to whether it could be achieved in PLM.

I'm thinking in terms of shopping center management. PLM would hold all the operational, and tenancy information, possibly pulling in from external sources, which at this point this is all easy enough for it to do. That's fine.

The custom part I am thinking of is a graphical view of the floor plans in the shopping center. I would like to import in a DWG file and have that associate with various data, and then view the DWG in PLM and have it colour code tenancies based on the data. I was think something like a ployline in the DWG to define the coloured region to provide a reference.

I have no doubt that while as simple as it seems, it would take quite a bit of coding to pull off, but could it technically be done?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jpiggee
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Hi Chad,

So a couple of things to look at:

Part 1: A switch or Case stamen in script would give you the ability to create a custom output that could then be used to specify and object (in your case a .dwg) and set that as the item in question.

Part 2: this custom ‘code’ could then be used by Autodesk 360 connect, buzzsaw, website or workspace item call up, to find the .dwg that you’re looking for.

Part 3: .dwg attachment, at this point we cannot add it as an attachment (via the attachment tab), but can be added as image attachment under the items tab or as an imbedded website or even as a buzzsaw plugin.

Hope this helps.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 3
Chad-Smith
in reply to: jpiggee

Thanks Joe. For the moment this does help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report