Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computed Fields and Vault Web Client

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
obourne
680 Views, 5 Replies

Computed Fields and Vault Web Client

I've been able to use a computed field and have it point to my thin client for Vault Pro and pass it a drawing number and have it return the search results. SEE IMAGE. This is very cool.....however.......what I realyy want is the link to the file details. SEE SECOND IMAGE. Is there way way to accomplish this using a computed field?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jpiggee
in reply to: obourne

Orrin,

What is the url shown for when the item in *_1428.png is clicked?

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 6
obourne
in reply to: jpiggee

http://gtiengtest/AutodeskDM/webclient/FilePreviewPage.aspx?folderid=1&iterationId=57011&referrer=sr...

I wasn't able to see a clear method of passing paramters to Vault for this URL.

Message 4 of 6
jpiggee

Orrin,

At this time there are two different ways you could go about this, given that vault web creates a unique url per item.

Pre generation:

Create url in vault, add to computed field

Post generation:

Use API / Autodesk 360 connect generate url, add to a feild in the PLM360 item, call on field for computed field generation.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 5 of 6
obourne
in reply to: jpiggee

Thanks.

Let me expand the topic a bit.

If I did use the search only method for accessing the web client file link - is there a way to pass data that are not in the item details tab? I'm thinking I may want to search based upon file name AND rev number/letter. How can I access those properties when they are not part of the item details?

Message 6 of 6
jpiggee

Orrin,

To complete this action you would need a field within the item tab that tracks current revision (requires scripting) of the object, then with at combined information you could connect to vault(Autodesk 360 connect) send the item id along with the revision, retrieve the item url and add that to a field in the item tab which would then feed the computed field for the url of which needs to be displayed. 

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report