Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Tasks be created from inside Project Management?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
keithn
683 Views, 3 Replies

Can Tasks be created from inside Project Management?

I've just be working with this for a short time, so I hope I'm missing something simple. 

Is there a way to create a Task from inside the Project Management rather than creating the Task first then going into the Project and typing the name in?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: keithn

Yes, you can. Simply add a task and type in the task name and details. It will create the task for you. The downside is that the task will not be created in the Task workspace and will only be available within the Project.

By the way, you are not limited to adding 'tasks' to the project plan. In fact, you can add any item from any workspace to the project plan. To do so, go to the Setup menu and select the Project Plan workspace. On the 'workspace relationship' menu add links to the other workspaces you want to be able to choose from.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
keithn
in reply to: dvirh

I like the ease of creating the non-workspace tasks on the fly, but need the power of the workspace task when it's all said and done.

It would be handy to be able to convert a non-workspace task into a workspace task.

My 2 cents.

Message 4 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: keithn

Thanks for the feedback Keith. We will definitely take it into account.

I just like to point out that there is nothing special about the 'Tasks' workspace. In other words, you may have many workspaces contributing Tasks to the Project Plan. In fact, one of the best ways to utilize the project management abilities in PLM 360 is by collecting elements of work that team members are already working on into a project plan. Such elements may come from anywhere in the tenant, as long as the relationships are set up properly between the two workspaces (see my previous post).

So it will be quite hard to figure out where to create the new task automatically. However, I think it mayl be quite useful to provide abilities that will allow you to achieve exactly the behavior you want using a little bit of scripting and some customer-specific rules and logic.

Thanks,

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report