Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Print - Fields

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Chad-Smith
342 Views, 5 Replies

Advanced Print - Fields

Firstly, sorry I don't know the correct terms to use to describe this.

Is there a list of valid Field properties which can be used when inserting artifacts?

e.g. ${workspace.metadata.itemDetails.sections["#####"].fields.#####.title}

This one prints the 'title'.

What I want to do it print the field's 'description'. I don't want to have to duplicate the description manually in case the description in the field changes.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michelle.stone
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Timely post - today's blog is all about Advanced Print Views!  In fact it shows how to display the descrption. When you go to insert item details it will pull all of them from a section and you can remove what you don't need.

apv.png

There's more info on Advanced Print Views on the Wiki.

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
Chad-Smith
in reply to: michelle.stone

Thanks Michelle, but I have got that far. But using that option only puts in the field's 'basics'.

What I need to know is how to put in other field properties such as the Description.

I have a Field which has a description, and this field is part of a Matrix. Currently that description does not show when editing the Item Details. But I really do need it to be showing in the advanced print.

Surely there has to be a way to do this, and re-use the existing data already entered?

Message 4 of 6
michelle.stone

Oops - misread and thought you meant a field named description (usual suspect in many workspaces).  Since the description for a field doesn't change, you can just include it when you set up the print view as static text if it's needed.

Michelle Stone
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
Chad-Smith
in reply to: michelle.stone

So at the moment, a Description field doesn't yet exist for Advanced Print Views, and therefore it needs to be written in manually (as duplicate info).

Are there any plans to improve on this in the future?

Message 6 of 6
michelle.stone

You can submit feedback for product improvements on the Idea Exchange.  Follow the link -  more information about it here.

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report