Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Level BOM in Advanced Print View

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
timseal
569 Views, 5 Replies

Top Level BOM in Advanced Print View

When creating an advanced print view of a Bill of Material I would like it only to print the top level item of the BOM. Instead it prints every level. Is there a way to control what the advanced print view will create when inserting the artifact "Bill of Materials"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gasevsm
in reply to: timseal

Have you tried creating a print view composed of fields from itemDetails, WF, sourcing tabs that would reflect the same field information as the BOM tab would for the current top level item you're viewing?
--
Martin Gasevski | Product Manager | Autodesk PLM 360

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 6
timseal
in reply to: gasevsm

Hi Martin,

I am not sure I understand your suggestion.

Tim Sealschott, Manager of Manufacturing Services
300 E-Business Way, Suite 190
Cincinnati, OH 45241
P: 1-877-GET-ASI-1 ext. 1304
F: 502-638-4538
http://www.AdvancedSolutions.com

[http://asi03.asi.local/wiki/images/6/66/Email.gif]

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This email transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by email at the above address..
Message 4 of 6
gasevsm

So it is not possible to show only top level BOM in printview.
As a workaround, depending on which fields you are after showing in printview for your toplevel item, Instead of blanket-add fields from BOM tab into printview, try adding the fields that compose your item descriptor from itemDetails section into the print view and compose it all in one cell. Then add the Lifecycle field in a separate cell, of the print view, etc. This could provide a view similar to what you'd get as if you added BOM tab, but without the children. For some fields that are BOM or sourcing tab specific, you may need to add new 'hidden' fields on item details and pull their values so you may add print view. Just an idea, I understand its not ideal solution...
HTH,
--
MG

Message 5 of 6
timseal
in reply to: gasevsm

Will this allow me to show all the top level items that I have included on the BOM tab for that item? The idea of this workspace is that the main item represents a quote where it's BOM tab represents the line items that are included in the quote. The line items are pulled in from the Items and BOM workspace. If possible could you provide a screen shot of what you are describing in your suggestion?

Tim Sealschott, Manager of Manufacturing Services
300 E-Business Way, Suite 190
Cincinnati, OH 45241
P: 1-877-GET-ASI-1 ext. 1304
F: 502-638-4538
http://www.AdvancedSolutions.com

[http://asi03.asi.local/wiki/images/6/66/Email.gif]

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This email transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me by email at the above address..
Message 6 of 6
gasevsm

Ah it won't 😞 It seems I misunderstood that you want only the top level line item and not its immediate children. Sorry there is no way to do this. Please consider adding an idea to the IdeaStation.
--
MG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report