Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing - Suppliers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
scottmoyse
426 Views, 2 Replies

Sourcing - Suppliers

Since my tenant doesn't have any of the default workspaces, I've been trying to add the supplier WS so I can try out some of the sourcing/costing features available via the BOM & Sourcing Tab.

So I created a Basic workspace with no workflow. I realise the default tenant's Suppliers WS has WF, however, at this stage I didn't want to go through and set that all up, since I have no use for it at the moment.

However, I can't get any of my Supplier Item records to appear in the supplier picklist/dropdown on the Sourcing Tab. Is there something specific internally within the software the sourcing tab looks for?

Since there's no way to establish a relationship via the setup and it has nothing to do with Lifecycles, I'm a little stumped.

I've been combing through my 'Temp' tenant which happens to be a default one, to see if I could figure out what was going on, but it seems the functionality is well hidden. Having said that I haven't gone through any of the scripting to see if on a transition it marks the item in some invisible way so it appears in the Dropdown/Picklist in the Sourcing Tab.

So whats the deal?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mikewatkinsweb
in reply to: scottmoyse

The workspace for suppliers needs to be a supplier workspace type, then when you activate the sourcing tab on items it looks for supplier workspaces.
Mike Watkins
PLM Product Manager

Twitter: @mikewatkinsweb
Blog: http://mikewatkinsweb.blogspot.com

Autodesk Ltd, One Discovery Place, Columbus Drive
Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0NZ
Message 3 of 3
scottmoyse
in reply to: mikewatkinsweb

hahaha such a dumb **** cheers

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report