Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Access to Managed Items Tab

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
obourne
696 Views, 5 Replies

Script Access to Managed Items Tab

Hi All,

I have a question regarding script access to the managed items tab. I'd like to know if is possible to create a validation script that verifies that a lifecycle and revision is selected? I know that PLM now will prevent the "releasing" of an item that doesn't have these fields selected but I want to validate this earlier in the process (prior to attempting to release). I'm hoping tha last update on May 10 granted greater script access. Smiley Happy

Please include the "objects" in your response i.e. item.MANAGED_ITEMS.xxxx.

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
broepke
in reply to: obourne

Hi Orrin,

You can get this today via scripting.  Here is a little sample.  And via the debugger you can see the LC state is shown.  Also; for any item where the state isn't set it will return as "null" 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-BBBBAB3B-FEAE-4EB7-8D1B-29E76EC6BC65

See "item Workflow Items array"

Here is the code:

var itemLCState = "";
var i = 0;

for (i = 0; i < item.workflowItems.length; i++) {
    itemLCState = item.workflowItems[i].lifecycle;
}

2014-07-22_09-15-41.png

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 3 of 6
obourne
in reply to: broepke

Nice!

I just showed this to our programmers and they are happy.

Thanks, Brian.

Message 4 of 6
broepke
in reply to: obourne

A happy programmer is an important thing 🙂

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 5 of 6
zep.tyrushudson
in reply to: broepke

Brian,

What about the "from" and "to" revision fields in the managed items tab?  Orrin's original question asked about revision but the solution did not address that.  I would like to be able to read and write the "to" revision field.  We use manual revisioning so that we can use both numeric and alpha schemes.  I would like to be able to populate the "to" field with the appropriate number or letter revision based on our rules.  To do that I need to know what revision we are coming "from", apply my rules, then write the new "to" revision.  I can write the script easily enough if I have access to the "from" and "to" fields in the managed items tab.  Thoughts?

Message 6 of 6
gasevsm
in reply to: zep.tyrushudson

Ty,

Presently, scripting engine allows r/w access only to "lifecycle" and custom_field_id(s).

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report