Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug gives access to delete released items

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Kenneberg
635 Views, 4 Replies

Possible bug gives access to delete released items

Hi,

I noticed that I could delete released items in my revision controlled workspace. When an item is released the "delete button" is hidden and it's not possible to change the item, as is expected. When the item is set to working I get control over the item again, also as expected. If I delete the item when it's in "Working" revision, the released version also gets deleted. Is this a feature or a bug? My preference would be that the only way to delete a released item is to go through the release procedure and set it to an "obsolete" state.

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg

Best regards,

Johan Kenneberg
Mechanical Engineer
ReformTech Heating Technologies AB
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jared.sund
in reply to: Kenneberg

Hello Johan, 

The best way to prevent deletion of your revision controlled items is to simply remove the "Delete Items" permission from all Roles for your Revision Controlled Workspace.  For more details on PLM 360's security system, please see:  
http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/ENU/PLM-360-Admin/files/GUID-BC50B84F-57BA-4F74-8968-D0535777E840...

Thanks, 

-Jared

deleteItems.png

Jared Sund
Sr. Product Line Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
broepke
in reply to: Kenneberg

Also - one more very important thing.  When you "delete" an Item you don't actually permanently remove it.  you can always "undelete" the item at any time.  If you need some assistance with this; let me know.

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 4 of 5
barnald
in reply to: broepke

I am new to PLM tools and to PLM 360 specifically.  I just deleted and Item that was also a small BOM.  Can you tell me how I can UNDELETE and bring this item back.  It is unreleased.  Thanks in advance for you help.

Message 5 of 5
nguyentru
in reply to: barnald

Hi Barnald,

Our system does allow you to re-activate any deleted records.

Go to the Deleted Record of your choice.

Find an Un-Delete Icon on the top right hand corner - it looks like an backspace arrow with big red X

Click on the Icon, it will return your record to normal status.

Thanks,

Trung

Capture.PNG

Trung Nguyen | PLM Product Management | Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report