Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Workflows

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sdenny
278 Views, 2 Replies

Parallel Workflows

My project involves splitting a workflow between two departments and merging the resultant design in the final stage before submitting to the shop. As fas as I can tell, PLM 360 does not handle concurrent workflows? I am trying to avoid creating a release for each department as there is a fair amount of concurrent design required and each department has their own BOM.

What is the best way to handle concurrent development using PLM 360 when each department needs to remain in separate user groups and have very different workflows and approval cycles?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dvirh
in reply to: sdenny

One way to handle this is to separate the parallel Workflows into two different tracks (two other items, each with its own workflow). You can do that by auto spawning such items in the action script of the original item in the workflow state that has the fork. You can then keep the original item around but prevent transitioning it until the spawned items have reached their final state.

I'm currently on my phone so can't include an example but reply if you need one.
Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
sddenny05
in reply to: dvirh

Currently I'm setting it up with the main Project splitting into smaller Releases, (one for Division 1, one for Division 2) each with their own workflows.

The difficulty arises when, for example, stage two of eight in Division 1's workflow requires a compatability check with one of the states in Division 2's workflow.

Also, since Division 1 and 2 BOMs are separate there is no longer a master Bill of Materials, which is something I was hoping to maintain. Currently the only thing I can think of is scripting a sync between the Release's BOMs and the main Project BOM (which is synced with our inventory management software at certain states in the Project workflow).

If it would be helpful, I can mock up our workflow in Visio.

Thanks,

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report