Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New workspace within a workspace?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jonas.andersson
718 Views, 7 Replies

New workspace within a workspace?

Hi, can I create a workspace within a workspace without using workflow?

I have a workspace, with a field that is a workspace picklist. I would like to be able to generate new items from within the original workspace. 

For example, I have a workspace for "Purchasing Orders". In this workspace, I have a picklist that refer to the workspace "Payments". I wish to within the "Purchasing Orders" workspace be able to add a new payment and thus creating a new item in the "Payment workspace" at the same time. (Normally I have several payments per purchasing order).

Kind regards,

Jonas

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jpiggee
in reply to: jonas.andersson

Jonas,

Yes you can do this, by using the embedded workspace (by computed field and a behavior script if need be), this would eliminate the need to use a workflow, and allow you to show more than one workspace at a time.

I know there are a few examples of how to embedded webpages here in the forums and in the plm talk sessions. 

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 8
jonas.andersson
in reply to: jpiggee

Hi John, unfortunately I cannot find any information. Could you please link an example?

Kind regards,

Jonas

Message 4 of 8
jpiggee

Hi Jonas,

You can see an example of this inside your own tenant by looking at computed field text of the workspace: Sales & Marketing> Customers. The field you want to look at is: Item details >Map.

Example of imbedding

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 5 of 8
jonas.andersson

Hi Joe, I can see how linking up to a map based on fields can be very useful, but I don't understand how I can use this to make a new item in an other workspace (within my current workspace).

Can you please clarify?

Kind regards,

Jonas

Message 6 of 8
jpiggee

Jonas,

The computed field text is the same, it just depends on what you use for the "red text". 

i.e.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="Insert url here"></iframe>

So by using this method you could have a PLM in your PLM so to speak.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
Message 7 of 8
jonas.andersson

OK, so no chance to have a workspace-picklist with one entry "new item" within the picklist?

The new item in the picklist with get infromation derived from the original workspace.

Kind regards,

Jonas

Message 8 of 8
jpiggee

Jonas,
I’m not too clear on what you’re asking here.
Can you please explain what you mean by this?
Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report