Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Partner Access

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
549 Views, 2 Replies

Managing Partner Access

Hi, everyone

I'm trying to set up partner access into PLM 360. For a contract manufacturing partner, I'd like him just to be able to view certain items.

To do this, I'm making a Partner group, and not giving it the privilege to read items owned by others. For the boards in question, I'm assigning the partner group as an "additional owner" and letting him read it. As part of the process, I guess we'll need to make the same assignment to items in the BOM. 

Is that right? Is this approach reasonable, or is there some other best practise?

For some commodity components, I don't really case who sees them, so I'm thinking of creating a "Common" group and just putting everyone into that group, and assigning every commodity part the additional owner "Common".

What I haven't figured out is how can I hide cost fields on the item? If a parnter can read the item, can he read all the fields with no exception? How do you manage this? Should I split that information off into a new workspace item and just manage the access separately?

Thanks

Edward

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michelle.stone
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Edward.  Sounds like you have the basics of controlling access to records through item ownership down.

For your last question, think about setting up the fields you want to restrict in a section and then use the advanced permission options to restrict access:

sectionpermissions.png

Hope that helps!

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: michelle.stone

Hi, Michelle

I set up and tested everything with the costing attributes in their own section, and it worked perfectly.

Initially, I wasn't so happy at having to move them to a new section, but when I was done, I decided it actually was much cleaner. I'm quite satisfied with this and feel it will work well.

Thanks

Edward

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report