Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image upload

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rpicinic
350 Views, 2 Replies

Image upload

Is it possible to upload an image (photo) taken from and iPhone or iPad into a PLM 360 workspace that has file attachment options - from either one of these devices.

A customer wants to use PLM 360 for construction site violation reporting. Photos will be taken onsite of violations.

A report will be filled in imediately, and photos uploaded as well.

(i realize it's a no brainer on a laptop....but customer wants the convenience of an iPad/iPhone method)

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
michelle.stone
in reply to: rpicinic

This would be a great idea for our Idea Exchange board - much needed functionality.  Would you like to create a new idea there? 

I confirmed on my iPhone I couldn't add attachments (something I hadn't tried before - learn something new every day!)

Thanks,

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
scottmoyse
in reply to: michelle.stone

you could achieve this via dropbox in a round about way. 

Save the images into a public location, copy the URL then switch over to PLM and insert the url into a field. Have a seperate iFrame field setup to display the image.

Obviously this isn't as nice as being able to attach multiple files, since there's no versioning & you would be limited to a set number of images based on the number of Item Detail fields you set up.

The other option is to create an album in one of the online photo services and have that cycle through in an iFrame. Then you would follow the same process by pasting in a link to the slideshow/album having uploaded the photos to that from your iDevice.

I haven't checked if you can setup an iFrame in a Grid property... cos then you could continually add any number of photos to that.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report