Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle deviations?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eddieemmet
449 Views, 3 Replies

How to handle deviations?

Hi, everyone

If I have a deviation with a temporary BOM change that expires in 4 weeks, how do I model this in 360?

It seems that BOM changes made by change order are permanent. Is there a way to handle this?

Thanks,

Edward

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
michelle.stone
in reply to: eddieemmet

Advanced BOM functionality is coming!  The request for handling deviations/waivers has been made and is being worked on presently.

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
eddieemmet
in reply to: michelle.stone

Hi, Michelle

That's good to hear. I'm really focused on product engineering and manufacturing, so these things seem really critical to me.

It would be nice to have a clear distinction between manufacturing change orders on the one hand, which I can use to make certain changes without affecting the revision of the item, and engineering change orders, which should affect the revision.

Deviations, stop-ships, and other changes will be good progress in the product.

The other big cloud PLM company out there made a couple of mistakes in this area, and it caused a lot of headaches for me at previous places I work at. 

Will look forward to the new features. Thanks

Edward

Message 4 of 4
michelle.stone
in reply to: eddieemmet

I'll forward these thoughts on to Product Management - thanks for the input.

(and I haven't forgotten your API code sample from another post - hope to have something soon)

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report