Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid Row ID

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BiggePLM
410 Views, 3 Replies

Grid Row ID

What is the reference name in the item.grid object for the system assigned grid RowID?

I do not see it shown in the Scripting Reference. Can it be accessed through script.

I intend to use it in my validation script to tell the user which row in a grid contains a bad value during workflow transition.

Thank you,

BD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: BiggePLM

Hi Bob,

The grid is array based so line one is item.grid[0], line two would be item.grid[1].

so to chech a value in row four column X. it would be:

item.grid[3].x

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 3 of 4
BiggePLM
in reply to: jpiggee

Yes but that doesn't give me the row id assigned by PLM that is displayed in the grid. I realize that the Row Id is just the master grid row in the designated workspace and is system generated.

This came up because my users were using the row id in discussions to identify which "Line item of their RFQ" they were discussing.

So I wanted to capture that info in reports etc and cannot retrieve that value?

My work around is going to be to add a column that is Line Number that Auto increments as rows are added but this seems like extra script processing time I don't want to do.

BD

Message 4 of 4
jpiggee
in reply to: BiggePLM

Hi Bob,

Sorry it took a little bit to get back to you on this but you are correct Row ID labeling is something we need access to in scripting or the ability to use auto numbering, but row id would be best as not to cause confusion.

Basic break down would be:

“Item.grid.rowID” as a read only field. This would allow you to look up and find the equal item with in the grid but you would need to do a loop to find this as the “master row ID” would not be equal.

Reasoning:

If one was to create row 1,2,3,4. Then delete row 3, you will be left with row 1,2,4.

(Same example by scripting) You created row 0,1,2,3. Then deleted row 3, you are left with row 0,1,2.

I will talk to the developers and see if we can get this working right. Smiley Happy

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report