Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx Tracking

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rjohnson
587 Views, 3 Replies

FedEx Tracking

I am trying to do a mashup to create a hyperlink to the FedEx tracking website.  For the field Tracking Status, I’d like the field to have the tracking number displayed as a hyperlink to FedEx like this: 798320238268.  Tracking Number is entered by our shipping department and is a Single Line of Text.  Tracking Status is a URL field type with this computed field code:

'<A href="https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/index.html?tracknumbers='||TRACKING_NUMBER||'&cntry_code=us">'||TRACKING_NUMBER||'</A>'

This is what shows up in the item details:

Capture.JPG

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robb

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
michelle.stone
in reply to: rjohnson

Try this for the computed field:

'<a href="https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/index.html?tracknumbers=' || TRACKING_NUMBER || '&cntry_code=us">Click for Status</a>'

I played for a couple minutes and didn't get the hyperlink with the tracking number, but it works for static text:

fedex.png

Would something like that work?

Thanks,

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4

Hmmm - so someone else on the team got it to work with your initial computed field, so I tried again and it *did* work (maybe I fat fingered first time - this status 2 is direct copy and paste from the OP):

compfld.png

fedex2.png

So now you have a couple potential ways to display this to the end users.  Let us know if it's working for you now.

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
rjohnson
in reply to: michelle.stone

So I had the computed field OK.  My issue was that Tracking Status was Data Type URL.  When I changed the Data Type to Single Lie of Text it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums