Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using google map and pick list

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
XavierCollet
881 Views, 9 Replies

Error using google map and pick list

Hi,

I have a workspace in which I defined an address section containing a "Country" field being a pick list.
I add to this workspace a Google map field (an exact copy of what is done in the suppliers workspace) I can save those settings but when I go to my Workspace, I get an error (see attached file).

Xavier

Xavier
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dvirh
in reply to: XavierCollet

Hi Xavier,

That's a great question that requires digging a little into the technology to understand. The short answer is that you cannot use Computed Fields with Pick Lists as the value from the Pick List is only stored as a reference to another table in the DB and not as the text string that you expect.

That said, the field behaves exactly as you expect it to behave in Scripting. So an alternative solution to your problem will be to write an Action Script that will compute the result of the Google Maps mesh-in and will write it to the Map field. You can have this script run on Creation and/or Edit of the item to cover your particular use case.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
jpiggee

Hi Xavier,

I have found this out as well, however as an alternative I found that I could use the non-pick list fields to feed the information in to the Google mapping script and leave out the pick list field.  This will eliminate the error that your seeing.

I have noticed for the most part Google will be able to accurately find the Country based on the zip code provided.

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 4 of 10
XavierCollet
in reply to: jpiggee

Hi,

I have made this script :

item.MAP = '<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;q=' + item.RUE_ET_NO + ',' + item.VILLE + ',' + item.PAYS + ';t=h&amp;z=14&amp;output=embed"></iframe>'

I run it each time the record is saved... It works well except that I have to refresh (F5) the page after save...

Xavier

Xavier
Message 5 of 10
dvirh

Xavier,

That is an interesting behavior. I tried it on my system just to be sure and I don't experience the need to refresh the screen after edit. What browser are you using? I am using Chrome here.

Hagay.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10
XavierCollet
in reply to: dvirh

I also use Chrome...

Google Chrome (18.0.1025.162m)

See attache video to see the exact behavior I have

Xavier
Message 7 of 10
jpiggee

Xavier,

I also do not experience this behavior in Chrome. By any chance you have a behavior script setup for this workspace as well?

Joseph Piggee
Fusion 360 Administrator
TPI Composites
jpiggee@tpicomposites.com
Message 8 of 10
dvirh

Xavier,

OK, the behavior is not consistent but I was able to reproduce it and will be reporting it as a bug. For now, F5 is the workaround...

Thanks for helping to find this bug!

Hagay.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 10
XavierCollet

Thanks!!!

The workaround is ok for now!

Xavier
Message 10 of 10
dvirh

Xavier,

Some additional information about this problem for the benefit of everybody on the forum. NOTE: all browser references below relate to the latest release of that browser.

We were able to pinpoint the issue to a knwon bug with webkit, which is the engine behnid Chrome and Safari. The problem does not reproduce on other browsers I've tested including IE, FireFox and Opera. In IE, you actually get a message on each and every view of a page that includes such content, to approve viewing the 'unsecured content'. If you approve it, the page refreshes and the problem does not appear. However, this means that IE gives you the worst user experience in this case.

We also came up with a workaround the the above problem that will be released in an upcoming release of PLM 360. I have already tested this fix in our QA environment and it seems to work great.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report