Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do picklists handle Multiple selection fields?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Bill.Bogan
323 Views, 1 Reply

Do picklists handle Multiple selection fields?

Scenario

WS1 includes one resource field TechWriter(s) where multiple names can be selected.

Picklist WS1_Fields points to WS1 and is intended to include all of the WS1 fields, including the TechWriter(s) field.

When I create a field in WS2, use Picklist WS1_Fields as data source, the Multiple Selection field TechWriter(s) is not listed.

Is this a limitation I have to workaround? Or, is there a different method for getting that information to populate a field in WS2?

There are no permissions issues with the data in WS1 for the user looking at WS2. Same access for both.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Bill.Bogan
in reply to: Bill.Bogan

A little experimentation confirms this is a limitation. I changed the field from Multiple Selection to Single Selection and it shows up in the Picklist fields I can select from. Ergo, one (apparently) cannot extract multiple selection field content into a filtered picklist field.

This seems odd. If I can define the field to contain multiple names, why would I not be able to reference that field content elsewhere?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report