Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Assembly Part Quantities

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
510 Views, 7 Replies

BOM Assembly Part Quantities

Hello,

Is there a setting that will fix the problem shown below? If an assembly quantity is greater than 1 in a BOM, the quantities of the items in the assembly should increase in the BOM as well. Is this a functionality of PLM that is missing?

Thanks,

Matt

BOM Quantites.jpg

BOM Quantites2.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dvirh
in reply to: Anonymous

The quantity you see for each part is in the context of its' parent assembly. However, any roll up fields will reflect the fact that the parent assembly has a quantity as well, and the flat BOM will show the total number of parts of that type across the whole BOM.

Sent from my LG tablet
Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dvirh

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to make the quantity in the Nested BOM a roll up field?

Message 4 of 8
broepke

You can not.  Quantities in a BOM are a pretty known thing.  You don't show the total number of parts in the quanity row of an assembly - you show how many assembiles (or sub assemblies) you have.  E.g. I have four wheel assemblies on a car.... Things like that.

You can set up a new roll up field to get the results you want.  

But - can you help us understand what you're trying to accomplish? Why you want the total number of components?

Brian Roepke
Director, Analytics & Insights
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: broepke

Brian,

We use assemblies and sub-assemblies as organization only. The BOM is then used for purchasing. We don't purchase the assembly, we purchase the parts in the assembly, which is why a roll up of assembly part quantities would be nice. The flat BOM view would do the job if the columns were customizable like the nested BOM. However, we are currently working on a purchasing workspace as an alternative.

Message 6 of 8
broepke

The flat bom gives you something a little different that what you're asking for.  Let's say you have an assembly like this

A

-B

-- L (x2)

-- M (x4)

-C

--L (x1)

-- M (x2)

in a flat bom you would end up with the following

L (x3)

M (x6)

It's a total of the quantities of a unqiue component across all areas of the BOM - Any sub.  This is probably what you're looking for.  This is typically what purchasing uses.

What you would get in your situation would be something to the effect that would show this:

A (x9)

-B (x6)

-- L (x2)

-- M (x4)

-C (x3)

--L (x1)

-- M (x2)

Where at the top level you would see a sum of how many parts are in your total assembly.  I'm not actually sure that's of any use for you.

So with that - Is the main challenge you're having that the flat BOM doesn't have configurable columns? 

Brian Roepke
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: broepke

That is exactly correct. The flat BOM does not do us much good right now without access to Supplier, Custom Fields, etc... A customizable flat BOM would eliminate these problems I believe. I have found an IdeaStation post asking for this same functionality.

Message 8 of 8
broepke

Sounds good - this is something on our radar.  Please vote it up in the idea station.  

Thanks for the feedback!

Brian Roepke

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report