MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding customizing the UI for a device

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
302 Views, 1 Reply

Regarding customizing the UI for a device

Hello,
I am just starting with writing a plug-in for Motion Builder 2012 using the C++ Open Reality SDK. I have been modifying the included "device_template" sample to learn how Motion Builder communicates with devices. When looking through the layout code for the sample I didn't see any area that defined the area of the device's layout that contains the 'Online' button, 'Live' and 'Recording' checkboxes, 'Model binding' drop-down menu, and device version text box area. Is this part of the layout defaulted for all classes inheriting from "FBDeviceLayout"? Can any of the components be removed or altered (in particular the "model binding" drop-down menu)?

Thanks for your time and help. Cheers,
Sam Bushman
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kmiddlemiss
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortuntely this area is not exposed to the layout of a device in the OR SDK and you cannot change them, if for example you are not using the model binding in your custom device it will just be greyed out. Yes this part of the layout is defaulted for all classes inheriting from "FBDeviceLayout". The area to the right of these components (online, live, recording, model binding, device info) is the only thing that is customizable.

~Kristine

KRISTINE MIDDLEMISS | SENIOR MOTION CAPTURE ENGINEER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report