Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infected origin Max files, is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ivan_iliev
248 Views, 3 Replies

Infected origin Max files, is this possible?

I converted my old Workstation in Internet PC and my newly installed AVAST defined two 3dsmax.chm files as infected.
I could not believe it, this machine (my old WS) has never had an internet connection and worked always like a charm. Has anyone here a similar experience.

I even had the fancy idea, that maybe there are a kind of (Autodesk) Trojan, installed deliberately for feedback information, or just to make possible a thorough analysis if something happens and we need help from the Autodesk support staff.

This was a joke take it easy (Autodesk).

ivan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: ivan_iliev

Report it to the makers (of Avast) as a false positive - any AV which is "signature" based is prone to that kind of thing 🙂

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
ivan_iliev

Report it to the makers (of Avast) as a false positive - any AV which is "signature" based is prone to that kind of thing 🙂

This is impossible Steve those are the Max 8 and Max 9 Help files i think.
AVAST has an (e-mail) limit of 1024 kB for this kind of support, I have to send them by post.

ivan 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley

I'm not an Avast user, so I didn't know about the limit - they're only expecting small files to be infected? :rolleyes:

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report