Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Microphone

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
326 Views, 6 Replies

Help with Microphone

Hey! I'm trying to get a microphone to work on my computer and I can't seem to get the hang of it. From what I know I don't think it came with any drivers. I plugged it in and restarted my computer. I went to the manufactures website, in link below, and found this help topic. I went through it step by step and I still couldn't get it to work. I believe that this help topic was set for Windows 98 instead of XP which I have. So maybe they have changed. It is not a USB mic, and it is a Labtec Verse 504.
Any help would me awesome.
Thanks!

http://labtec.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/labtec.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1891&p_created=1103840...
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

A microphone shouldn't need drivers - just plug it into the Mic input on your sound card. All the settings should be in the drivers for the card.
Which sound card do you have?
What are you trying to use the mic with? Sound Recorder? VOIP app?

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

A microphone shouldn't need drivers - just plug it into the Mic input on your sound card. All the settings should be in the drivers for the card.
Which sound card do you have?
What are you trying to use the mic with? Sound Recorder? VOIP app?

I think the mic doesn't work at all. I did everything I can think of, and it still doesn't work. So, I switched to my other option. It all works now, thanks!
Message 4 of 7
Steve_Curley

Well - if you have 2 mics and you try both with the same driver settings and 1 works and 1 doesn't the conclusion is fairly obvious 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 7
Willjoe2442

Try the following solutions:
Make sure that the microphone or headset is connected correctly to your computer.
Make sure that the microphone is positioned correctly.
Increase the volume of your microphone. Here's how to do this in Windows 10: Select Start, then select Settings > System > Sound

Regards,

Will

Message 6 of 7
RobDraw

What's there to update? There's not much to it and it's not an Autodesk issue.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: amybudshik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report