Community
The Community Room
The Community Room is a space to have conversations about anything you’d like to discuss with your fellow Engineers, Architects, Designers and basically all community members in here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
188 Views, 3 Replies

Getting started

I am a drafter who is experience in AutoCAD 2008 and have been learning Autodesk Civil 3D 2008 the past year. I have created many 3D objects with both programs and have always wanted to do more. How would I get my foot in the door with working with the 3D animation field. I have looked online but a little lost at where to start or how to get started. I know it would require learning a new program and doesn't bother me at all.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

How about downloading the trial of Max and playing with it? There's no way to get a feel for a program other than actually using it. Make sure you get the Tutorial files as well - and do them!

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?id=10083915&siteID=123112

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

That is a fine idea and I will do that but where would I go after I'm done playing around. I'm looking into changing my career.
Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley

There are many uses for 3d - from TV Logos to Games to Design Visualisations and so on (and on and on).

You need to decide which area you want to work in, then create a "showreel" of your work (to impress prospective employers). You won't be able to do that until you're comfortable with the software. Others here may (will) be able to give you better advice (regarding jobs in the 3D arena) than I can.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report