3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
paulchen29
1188 Views, 3 Replies

ads_command in ObjARX 2015

Hi Community,

hope everyone is well! 🙂

We have an AutoCAD based application since 25 years based on ObjARX sadly our developer left our company and I have now the thankless task to continue his work. I am now trying to migrate the application into AutoCAD 2015 and almost done. But now I am facing an big big issue I presume:

In the application our devloper used very often the ads_command / ads_cmd functions. As far as I have read this commands are not supported for a while now anymore. But he still used it in his previous versions like AutoCAD 2013 or 2010. So I searched in the source code and figured out that the ObjARX Libary itself has a Headerfile named "adsmigr.h" where all the ads commands are linked to the right "aced" command. Also I found there the definiton:

#define	ads_command	acedCommand
#define	ads_cmd	        acedCmd

In the ObjectARX 2015 package the same Headerfile is available but these entries are missing. And I have the bad feeling that it has to do with the replacment of acedCommand itself.

Is there any solution you can help me with?

Thank you so much for any hint!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: paulchen29

You will need to rewrite the code to use the new acedCommandS and acedCommandC functions.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 4
paulchen29
in reply to: owenwengerd

Hi Owen! Thank you so much for your quick response. Am I allowed to use AcedCommandS with the same parameters as used for the ads_command or have also the parameters been changed? 

Message 4 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: paulchen29

You'll need to study the description of how these functions have changed, and change your code accordingly. In some cases it may be as simple as changing the function name, but it depends on your code and what kind of commands it is running.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost