ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The function acedTraceBoundary want to know about.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
zerocoolty
861 Views, 6 Replies

The function acedTraceBoundary want to know about.

Hi
I want to use acedTraceBoundary, an example is needed.
Example, the need a minute there that can help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

acedTraceBoundary() is a kludge which is intended to provide a native implementation of the managed .NET API's Editor.TraceBoundary() method.

It is really just a parlor trick that under the covers, uses the BOUNDARY command to do the work, which you can script yourself, directly.  

The problem with kludges like that one, is that the BOUNDARY command displays error messages rather than providing a way to get them programmatically, so when you pass a point that's outside all boundaries, on an edge, etc., you will see the BOUNDARY command display that on the command line, that even the NOMUTT system variable will not supress.

:S

Message 3 of 7

I do not use the command-Boundary features such as command and would like to implement. : (
Thank you for your comments.

Message 4 of 7

The truly amazing thing about the -BOUNDARY command, is that it is a command line-only version of the BOUNDARY command that is nearly-impossible to script (because its prompting sequence varies depending on the objects involved).

It's difficult to understand how Autodesk could create a command line-only version of a command that is unscriptable.

Seems like an oxymoron if you ask me.

Message 5 of 7

I can not be implemented as a command.
I have to give up.
Thank you  :]

Message 6 of 7
artc2
in reply to: DiningPhilosopher

>>acedTraceBoundary() is a kludge which is intended to provide a native implementation of the managed .NET API's

>> Editor.TraceBoundary() method.

Actually Editor.TranceBoundary() is just a .NET wrapper that calls acedTraceBoundary().

Message 7 of 7
DiningPhilosopher
in reply to: artc2

That's what I meant by native implementation.

But the problems remain (error messages and transient graphics being displayed by the scripted -BOUNDARY command).

But I'm more interested in knowing why a command line-only version of a command is not scriptable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost