Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem loading arx in AutoCAD 2012

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jingjiwuci
681 Views, 7 Replies

Problem loading arx in AutoCAD 2012

I'm using Visual Studio 2012 and ObjectARX 2012. When I load arx in AutoCAD 2012, a messagebox will popup saying 'AutoCAD is attempting to load *.arx which is not compatible with AutoCAD. What do you want to do?'

If I choose to load it anyway, it all works. I just want to know how it can come to such an incompatibility.

The project is in Framework 4.0 and Toolset v90.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
owenwengerd
in reply to: jingjiwuci

One common mistake is linking with the wrong C or MFC runtime library,

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 8
jingjiwuci
in reply to: owenwengerd

Thank you, Owen. But linking with other runtime library can make build unsuccessfully. The runtime library is Multi-threaded Dll. Is it OK? "AutoCAD 2012 targets the .NET Framework 4.0, which is the default target for new projects in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. No additional steps are required to test or debug an application in AutoCAD 2012". I found the statement in arxdev.chm. Then how it can come to such an incompatibility. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 and ObjectARX 2012. The project is in Framework 4.0 and Toolset v100.
Message 4 of 8

1. >> I'm using Visual Studio 2012 and ObjectARX 2012... The project is in Framework 4.0 and Toolset v90.

2. >> I'm using Visual Studio 2010 and ObjectARX 2012. The project is in Framework 4.0 and Toolset v100.

Question: So which version of VS and Toolset do you use?

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 8

The second one.

Message 6 of 8
owenwengerd

ObjectARX 2012 requires toolset v90, not v100.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 7 of 8
jingjiwuci

Thank you, Owen. You are right. Actually, I used toolset v100 because of not having VS 2008 installed.

Thank you, Alex. I got the solution from your reply in another similar topic.

It seems I have to install VS 2008.

Message 8 of 8

@jingjiwuci wrote:
...It seems I have to install VS 2008...

I should clarify: VS 2008 SP1

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost