Did you mean: 

Object ARX 2013 Documentation - VS2010.msi

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kintela
1657 Views, 10 Replies

Object ARX 2013 Documentation - VS2010.msi

Hi

I have installed the documentation, but in Visual Studio 2010 do not know how to access it because the default did not open it

regards

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: kintela

Hi Kintela,

I'm not sure you can access the arx documentation from Visual Studio, I seem to remember there was issues with that.

A simple workaround would be to create a shortcut to it and just place it somewhere convenient.

Sorry for not being more helpful.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 11
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: philippe.leefsma

Was this ever fixed? If not, it should be removed from the downloads as it wastes our time trying to troubleshoot why its not working.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
kintela
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

Obviamente el asunto no se ha solucionado, as? que simplemente haced con el post lo que os de la gana Un saludo
Message 5 of 11
StephenPreston

Hi eljobe,

I've just talked to my colleague in our TechPubs team who created these installers. The issue appears to be that the 2012 and 2013 integrated documentation sets don't work well together. (I'm guessing our testers didn't test a side-by-side scenario).

If you haven't installed the 2012 documentation then the 2013 docs should install and work fine. You could try uninstalling your 2012 documentation, and also opening your VS help settings and making you you also remove the content, and then install the 2013 docs - but I'm not 100% sure that will clean everything up for you.

Anyway, my colleague will be investigating this, and testing multiple installation scenarios, to make sure he fully understands the cause and will then either tell me how to do a manual fix or will recreate the installer to correctly handle side by side installation of multiple versions. However, I won't remove the 2013 installer from the developer center yet, as my understanding is that it at least works for a clean installation. Sorry for the problem, and sorry that I can't promise when I'll be able to come back here and post a solution.

kintela - It would be helpful if you reposted your last comment in English (as this is an English forum). I tried running it through Google Translate, but the translation to English is clearly incorrect.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Message 6 of 11
StephenPreston
in reply to: kintela

Here's a solution that worked for me to replace the 2012 docs with the 2013 ones - http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/09/objectarx-2013-integrated-documentation-installer.html.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Message 7 of 11
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: StephenPreston

Thanks for the reply Stephen. My problem is not like the one you describe. This is on a clean install on a new VM, which is XP sp1. We haven't moved to win7 yet. The install did not create a folder at "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\HelpLibrary\content\Autodesk, Inc"

Ed

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 8 of 11

Thanks Stephen, that worked for me as well.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 9 of 11
Alexander.Rivilis

@eljobe wrote:

...The install did not create a folder at "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\HelpLibrary\content\Autodesk, Inc"...

On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\HelpLibrary\content\Autodesk, Inc

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 10 of 11
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Thanks Alexander, but its not in that location either.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
StephenPreston

In your Help Library Manager, select Choose Online or Local Help. The dialog that pops up will then show you the location set for your computer. Another customer fixed the p[roblem by 'repairing' the help viewer via his add/remove programs control panel.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost