Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing geometry

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
morgangardiner
834 Views, 11 Replies

Missing geometry

I thought I would post this here because I don't know where to post it exactly.

I am using Intent to create drawings. these drawings sometimes has their Render turned off.

once the drawing has been output is there any way I can turn the Render on from Autocad?

when I open the drawing nothing is displayed. If I select Erase and use the Screen option to select Right to Left nothing gets selected. But If I say Select ALL then I get several entities and I can also select them with the Filter be selecting all lines.

but I can never see anything. Is there a way to make these lines visible again? possibly by changing a value in the Autocad drawings database.

Morgan

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

I fixi-it your problem
Message 3 of 12

so what did you fix and how did you fix it?
this attachment seems to only go to a download site.

that wants me to download a file called setup.exe

I would prefer to know what it is I am downloading and why.

Morgan

Message 4 of 12

After enter four letters at right screen ,you downloading the setup.exe file. Execute setup.exe in windowsXP. save DWG's files recovery on desktopFolder Alles gutes.
Message 5 of 12

oddly enough your "FIX" tries to take me to a Restricted site. by that I mean a site not approved by my company or me for that matter. I have plenty of stuff in place to catch these things before they send me there but I will be reporting this.

Message 6 of 12

Downloading from....... http://www.fileshare.ro/11409153941.6
Message 7 of 12
MarkusLatz
in reply to: morgangardiner

Hello Mr Morgangardiner,

you're right. Do not trust software from unkown sources !!!

To your problem. The drawing objects from your drawing are in the hidden area. If you have a AutoCAD Mechanical or MDT you can type at the command line "_amvisible" and select "unhide" "all", then all your geometry is visible again.

Background:

All AutoCAD entities have a flag, groupcode 60, which switches entities from "show" to "noshow".

regards

Markus

Message 8 of 12

thank you for your Information I will check it out today.

Message 9 of 12

Is There a way in side Standard Autocad to get the noshow to Show?

Message 10 of 12
MarkusLatz
in reply to: morgangardiner

Hello Morgan,

I do not know a command to do this. But a few years ago, I've written a small lisp program to do this in native AutoCAD.

I have to search for the sources ...

Give me til tomorrow to search, then I will post it here.

regards

Markus

Message 11 of 12
MarkusLatz
in reply to: MarkusLatz

Hello Morgan,

as promised, the small lisp function to unhide your geometry. Download the file (it is an ascii file with lisp code, you can look at it) and save it to a directory. In AutoCAD use appload to load the lisp file. After that type at the command "unhide" and wait a few seconds ... and all your geometry is visible.

regards

Markus

Message 12 of 12
morgangardiner
in reply to: MarkusLatz

Markus;

thanks for the help it is very much appreciated.

Morgan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost