Message 1 of 8
GeorgZiaja
3863 Views, 7 Replies

MS Visual Studio for Objectarx 2015

Dear,

I'm ADN Member.

Please,

kindly tell me,

which MSVS C++ Version I need for Objectarx2015 ?

Regards

Georg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
StephenPreston
in reply to: GeorgZiaja

Hi Georg,

There is no such thing as ObjectARX 2015. The latest version is ObjectARX 2014. If you're asking about future product information, then please ask the question privately through DevHelp Online, as we can't discuss confidential information in the public forums.

If you meant to ask about ObjectARX 2014, then here are the system requirements listed in the ObejctARX helpfiles:

>>>

Developing applications with ObjectARX 2014 on 32-bit requires the following software and hardware:

Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows® 7, or Windows® XP Professional (SP3) operating systems
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon™ Dual Core, 3.0 GHz or Higher with SSE2 technology or Intel Pentium or AMD Athlon™Dual Core, 1.6 GHz or Higher with SSE2 technology
2 GB RAM

Developing applications with ObjectARX 2014 on 64-bit requires the following software and hardware:

Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and
AMD Athlon with SSE2 technology or AMD Opteron with SSE2 technology or Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology or Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology
2 GB RAM

Common requirements for all systems:

500 MB free disk space for installation
1,024x768 VGA with True Color
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 Internet browser, available as download only
Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010 Service Pack 1
Note
Windows XP Home, Windows Vista Home Premium, or Windows Vista Home Basic are not supported development platforms

<<<

You can use a newer version of Visual Studio for ObjectARX (C++) development, but you have to install the supported version of Visual Studio and target the correct VC version (VC100) from the newer IDE using the Platform Toolset feature.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 8
Ranajit
in reply to: StephenPreston

Hi,

I want to build Object arx 2014 (C++) with Visual studio 2012. But I am not able to download Object ARX 2014 (C++ ) which supports VS 2012.
Could you please help me to download Object ARX 2014 (C++ ) for VS 2012 ?

Thanks,
Ranajit.

Message 4 of 8
loic.jourdan
in reply to: Ranajit

Hi,

There is no specific version of ObjectArx for VS2012. The only way to use VS2012 is to install both VS2010SP1 and VS2012 and targeting VS2010 toolset in your project properties (Configuration Properties/General -> Platform toolset).

This is because autodesk still build acad 2014 with visual c++ 2010 sp1 compiler.

Of course, this disable new C++ language features of VC2012 (c++11 range-based for loops, ... ) but you take adventage of the IDE.

I hope this helps

----
20-20 CAD / 20-20 Technologies
Message 5 of 8
adarsh2211
in reply to: loic.jourdan

Hi All, 

I am facing the similar issues.

I am using ObjectARX 2014, 64 bit libraries with Visual Studio 2010 SP1. But i am getting lots of Linker errors, Could any please help me resolve these errors.

I appreciate if anybody could give some hint on the solutions. I have put few of the errors below:

1.error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _acedEntSel
2.error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: static void * __stdcall AcHeapOperators::allocRawMem(unsigned int)" (__imp_?allocRawMem@AcHeapOperators@@CGPAXI@Z)
3.error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: static void __stdcall AcHeapOperators::freeRawMem(void *)" (__imp_?freeRawMem@AcHeapOperators@@CGXPAX@Z)
4.error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __thiscall AcRxClass::isDerivedFrom(class AcRxClass const *)const " (__imp_?isDerivedFrom@AcRxClass@@QBE_NPBV1@@Z)

Thanks in advance,

Adarsh

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

Please try linking ac1st19.lib. The AcHeapOperators member functions are defined in ac1st19.lib from the ObjectARX SDK.

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services

Message 7 of 8

Hello Virupakha,

Thanks for the reply.

I could solve the issues..

I had link 2 libraries..

accore.lib
ac1st19.lib

I appreciate if you could tell me where i can get more information on each of the AUTOCAD2014/ObjectARX2014 libraries like what all the functionalities being implemented in it..

~Adarsh

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8

Hi

I feel you will get the information in ObjectARX developer guide (arxdev.chm) which is available in ObjectARX SDK.

Virupaksha Aithal KM
Developer Technical Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost