Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker Error

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
EMD1954
4905 Views, 12 Replies

Linker Error

I'm converting from VS2008/Acad 2010 to VS2010/Acad2013 and I think I have most of my settings correct but I'm getting the following error which I don't understand:

Error 1 error C1900: Il mismatch between 'P1' version '20081201' and 'P2' version '20080116' C:\MVS.2010.For.2013\EMD_2013(32-64)\EMD13_Acad\LINK

"C:\MVS.2010.For.2013\EMD_2013(32-64)" is the path to my projects.  "EMD13_Acad is the project on which I'm working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
owenwengerd
in reply to: EMD1954

Did you Rebuild All?

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 13
EMD1954

Yes, I'm doing batch rebuild (Win32 and x64).  I have 2 library files which I placed on the correct path and they are found when I rebuild the project file but now I'm getting an error saying that it "cannot open file 'mfc100u.lib'.  It's in C\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\lib" and my library path is:

$(VCInstallDir)lib
$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\lib
$(WindowsSdkDir)lib
$(FrameworkSDKDir)lib

I'm also getting:

Warning 19 warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/FAILIFMISMATCH:_MSC_VER=1600' encountered; ignored C:\MVS.2010.For.2013\EMD_2013(32-64)\EMD13_Acad\EMD13_Common_Dict(32).lib(_Dict_Last.obj).

---and---

Warning 20 warning LNK4229: invalid directive '/FAILIFMISMATCH:_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0' encountered; ignored C:\MVS.2010.For.2013\EMD_2013(32-64)\EMD13_Acad\EMD13_Common_Dict(32).lib(_Dict_Last.obj)

"EMD13_Common_Dict(32).lib" is my library file when compiling for Win32.  I get the same warning with my file for x64 "EMD13_Common_Dict(64).lib"

I think my basic settings for the library files (Win32 Project with "static library", "precompiled headers" and "add common header files for mfc") are correct - they compile without any errors or warnings but I must have something wrong in the settings for the project files.

Finally, I didn't try to migrate from VS2008.  I created new projects from VS2010 and just added my .cpp and .h files into them.

Thanks again,

Ed

Message 4 of 13
owenwengerd

You may have other problems, but it sounds like your library files are built with a different version of the linker than the one you're using now.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 5 of 13
EMD1954

I've deleted everything and started from scratch.  I set my properties as follows:

For both the libraries and the project:

Configuration Properties / General / Whole Program Optimization / Use LTCG

C / C++ / Optimization / Whole Program Optimization / Yes

Librarian / General / LTCH / Yes

For the project:

And in the project Linker / General / Enable Incremental Linking / No

Linker / Optimization / Link Time Code Generation / Use LTCG

Now I've got it down to:  "Error 3 error C1047: The object or library file 'Win32\3DFaceGrid.obj' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries C:\MVS.2010.For.2013\EMD_2013(32-64)\EMD13_Acad\LINK"

I don't know how my file 3DFaceGrid.cpp compiled to 3DFaceGrid.obj with an "older compiler" because I did a rebuild all and everything recompiled.

I get the same errors in x64.  Is there somewhere I can find how to set all of my configuration properties?

Any ideas?

Ed

Message 6 of 13
owenwengerd

Make sure you're not starting Visual Studio with /useenv or some other obscure mode. Verify that your platform toolset setting is correct in each project. Have you installed any add-ons? Have you rebooted?

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 7 of 13
EMD1954

Owen,

I shut down and restarted.

I deleted all of my output subdirectories.

I rebuilt everything.

Same error message.

My VC2010 shortcut is:  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"

My only add-on is the ObjectARX wizard 2012

I checked my $(IncludePath) macro for the library files and it has "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include".

I checked my $(IncludePath) macro for the project and it has "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include"

I don't know how it ever got 9.0 - all I can think of is that it copied (some of) my settings from VS2008 when I installed VS2010.  As I said previously, I did not migrate my old projects - I started from scratch and created new ones in VC2010 keeping only my personal .cpp and .h files.  Having found this "include path" bust, how do I go about changing the $(IncludePath)? 

Maybe that should do it.

Thanks for your time and energy,

Ed

PS.  I did not uninstall VC2008 nor do I want to.

Message 8 of 13
owenwengerd

You didn't say whether your platform toolset setting is correct, so I'd guess not.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 9 of 13
EMD1954
in reply to: owenwengerd

Yes, I missed that one.

It's now set to v100.   And I set #define_WIN32_WINNT 0x0501 in stdafx.h My include path is now:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\VC\include
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK's\Windows\v7.0\incl

but I'm getting the following errors:

StdAfx.cpp
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h(4060): error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'PSCROLLBARINFO'
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin2.inl(362): error C2039: 'NotifyWinEvent' : is not a member of '`global namespace''
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin2.inl(362): error C2660: 'CWnd::NotifyWinEvent' : function does not take 4 arguments
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin4.inl(184): error C2065: 'PSCROLLBARINFO' : undeclared identifier
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin4.inl(184): error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'pScrollInfo'
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin4.inl(184): error C2761: 'BOOL CScrollBar::GetScrollBarInfo(void) const' : member function redeclaration not allowed
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin4.inl(184): error C2059: syntax error : ')'
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin4.inl(185): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxwin4.inl(185): error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxcmn3.inl(20): error C2065: 'CCM_SETWINDOWTHEME' : undeclared identifier
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxcmn3.inl(23): error C2065: 'CCM_SETWINDOWTHEME' : undeclared identifier
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxcmn3.inl(29): error C2065: 'CCM_SETWINDOWTHEME' : undeclared identifier
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\afxcmn3.inl(46): error C2065: 'CCM_SETWINDOWTHEME' : undeclared identifier

I'm lost.  Sorry to be a pain,

Ed

Message 10 of 13
EMD1954

In case anyone was following this thread, here's what I did to fix everything (at least it's working so far!):

1. I deleted the StdAfx.h file that the wizard generated when I created the new arx project.
  2. I copied the StdAfx.h file from the ARXDBG sample (which was significantly different than the one created by the ObjectARX Wizard 2012).
  3. I added the "includes" I needed from the acadStdafx.h file in ARXDBG sample.
  4. I added my local "includes"

Then I only had one error which I corrected by adding the following lines in stdafx.h:

#ifndef

_WIN32_WINNT

#define

_WIN32_WINNT 0x0601

#endif

FYI, the wizard generated file defined it as 0x0400.  I previously had errors that said I needed it to be 0x0501.  I found in the SDK V7.0A that it should be 0x0601.

Works fine.  Hope someone finds this useful,

Ed

PS.  Owen, thanks for all of your suggestions.

Message 11 of 13
Alexander.Rivilis

You can transform project created with ObjectARX Wizard 2012 in order to work with AutoCAD 2013 with help of Visual Teefy (http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/migrating-objectarx-and-net-plug-ins-to-autocad-2013.h...)

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 12 of 13
EMD1954
in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Thank you.  This confirmed everything I've done on the first project I migrated.  Now I will use this video and the Visual Teefy module to migrate all of the others.

Thanks again,

Ed

Message 13 of 13
davek78

Thanks EMD1954.

I  imported a project from VS 2005 today and immediately encountered similar errors to yours. I altered the offending #define to 0x0501 but no cure. Then when I read all the other fixes that others recommended to you my heart sank. I like others have waded through thick VS undergrowth attempting to fix intractable problems - but because of the beauty and power of VS C++ I always persevere.

But then you mentioned the 0x0601 , and when I made the change - voila ! It worked .

Thanks to you and the other advisers,

David Kelly

P.S Don't go away I may need your help again before long 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost