Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error saving file with RealDWG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
reganproulx
355 Views, 2 Replies

Error saving file with RealDWG

Hi. We are running RealDWG in a stand along application which is able to load and save drawing files, of various versions.

Tthe RealDWG 2014 SDK offers a call "acdbSaveAsR14", this method crashes if any dimensions are in the database to be written.

The attached file is a simple sample, which contains an aligned dimension. If loaded and the saved again with the call above, the crash should reproduce.

This seems to have been a problem at least as far back as RealDWG 2011.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
artc2
in reply to: reganproulx

It doesn't crash for me.  But, the acdbSaveAsR14 does fail because the file is still open from the AcDbDatabase::readDwgFile() call used to read it in in the first place.  If I save to a different name, then acdbSaveAsR14() works fine for me with the drawing you supplied.  I used the creatent sample app that comes with the RealDWG SDK and modified it to simply read in the drawing and then save it.

Message 3 of 3
reganproulx
in reply to: reganproulx

As an update, we have narrowed this case down to the writing of dimension entities, that have their style information stored as EED, where the handle for the text stye in the EED is no longer valid.

This does not cause saving newer versions to crash, and should not cause saving to R14 to crash either.

This should be reproducable by loading the file, changing the handle in the dimension EED, and trying to save it to version R14.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost