ObjectARX

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (214 Views)

Custom Entity Name is not showing in Properties palette

214 Views, 1 Replies
06-22-2011 01:39 PM

I am implementing a custom entity derived from the AcDbLine entity. I am using VS2005 compiling for AutoCAD 2009. I am using straight C++ (no .Net)   I used the wizard to create the custom class. It all appears to work fine except that the name of the custom entity is "Line" and not "MYLINE" in the properties palette. I checked to make sure that the ACRX_DXF_DEFINE_MEMBERS macro was created correctly. It seems fine.

I tried the Lab project Step06 which derives a custom object from an ellipse. I get the same problem with this. Instead of "ASDKEMPLOYEE" I get "Ellipse" in the Properties palette.

Should a custom entities DXF name appear in the Properties Palette by default?

I read on a post by Bogdan that you need to implement a COM Wrapper to expose a custom objects name. Is this the case?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Joe

Valued Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (193 Views)

Re: Custom Entity Name is not showing in Properties palette

06-23-2011 12:59 PM in reply to: joseph_l

I will answer my own question. Yes I do need to implement a COM Wrapper. I found the answer in ObjectARX Developer's Guide under "Property Inspector and Properties Palette APIs"

I guess I should read the help files first! :smileywink:

Regards

Joe

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community