Custom AcDbFields - What happens when you double click an inserted field

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Bica.Bogdan
556 Views, 2 Replies

Custom AcDbFields - What happens when you double click an inserted field

Hello!

I used what Philippe helped me with in a previous topic to get most of the work of adding custom AcDbFields, but i have one more (hopefully final) problem.

I use either the field code or insert a field through the field dialog box. Now if i double click the AcDbField, the field dialog box opens and the "*unknown" field is selected. What do i have to do for the dialog to go directly to that specific field in the dialog?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: Bica.Bogdan

Hi Bica,

Sorry for the delay.

I do not see this behavior with the TextFileField sample. On double click the field dialog opens with the right category and field selected.

Here is a recording of the steps that I am trying. Can you please let me know if there is any thing different from what you are trying ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a1duwukuljhlf7/Demo.zip

I do not think there is any additional step to get it working while double clicking on the field. On double-click the "CAcFdUiFieldDialogHook" derived class should get its method called just as it gets called during field creation.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
Bica.Bogdan
in reply to: Bica.Bogdan

Hello.

No problem about the delay, there's a lot of work, i was never held back.

I actually never ran the original sample Philippe provided, but since you said it did work in your case i started looking for differences.

Turns out, i missed adding a valid evaluator Id, it was one character off. So when the DialogHook was calling GetEvaluatorIds, i was adding the wrong id (TFEVALID in our case).

So now it works. I should have been more careful and then i wouldn't have wasted you time. 

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost