Did you mean: 

Active command communicating with the Ribbon

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
odoshi
332 Views, 1 Reply

Active command communicating with the Ribbon

Hello,

I would like to start a command, let's call it MYSINSERT, that inserts a block. When the command is started, I want to display a ribbon with custom controls for options. -- This part I think I can handle.

My question is, how do I make the MYINSERT command listen for option changes made in the ribbon via the custom controls? I think my controls will have to be WPF and I have worked with some .NET samples that communicate that way.

For sake of example, let's say I want a SCALE dropdown with 1, 2, 3, 4 listed as options. When the user selects 2 or 3, the block preview following the mouse should scale 2 or 3 times and then the user can click the location.

Do ObjectARX commands allow for communication with the Ribbon while mid-command? I'm just looking for an angle of approach or a sample in the ObjectARX kit.

Thanks

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
owenwengerd
in reply to: odoshi

The standard way to implement this is by implementing your command so that you can change the parameters by entering keywords at the input prompt(s). Once you have the command working, you can add ribbon or menu controls that send the appropriate keywords to the executing command in the same way that a user would by typing them in.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost