ObjectARX

Valued Contributor
mbujak
Message 1 of 3 (141 Views)

AcDbGripData GetGripPoints() confusion......

141 Views, 2 Replies
02-07-2012 08:46 AM

It states in the documentation:

"The caller is responsible for freeing the AcDbGripData objects whose pointers are in the grips array."

I am fine with this, but, to do this the array of grip data objects must be stored or cached somewhere in order to be cleaned up. How do you do this when the subGetGripPoints() function is 'const'? Surely a member variable on the custom entity won't suffice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike  

Distinguished Mentor
owenwengerd
Message 2 of 3 (139 Views)

Re: AcDbGripData GetGripPoints() confusion......

02-07-2012 09:04 AM in reply to: mbujak

If the caller is responsible for the AcDbGripData objects, you can't safely cache pointers to their memory (because the caller will delete them, leaving you with pointers to freed memory).

--

Owen Wengerd

ManuSoft

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Valued Contributor
mbujak
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: AcDbGripData GetGripPoints() confusion......

02-07-2012 09:19 AM in reply to: mbujak

Ok, so, in the case of subGetGripPoints(...) the caller would be the Autocad framework, so I don't need to worry about the AcDbGripData object pointers themselves... Just any appData structures that I may pass into them.

Thanks

Mike

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community