ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5000 for your app/plugin idea? Check out APPHACK @ AU.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
micahdickerson
621 Views, 3 Replies

$5000 for your app/plugin idea? Check out APPHACK @ AU.

This year at AU, the AutoCAD product team is giving away pizes for the best app/plugin for AutoCAD.  

Prior to Autodesk University, we're hosting a virtual code-fest to produce apps/plugins for AutoCAD using the ObjectARX and/or .NET APIs: it's called APPHACK @ AU.  It's open to any ADN member who can produce a working app/plugin for AutoCAD. The event culminates in a live demo at Autodesk University in Las Vegas on November 26, 2012. Simply submit your app and a demo video and you're in the running for some nice prizes. But hurry - the deadline for submissions is 11:59pm Pacific on Wednesday, 14 November, 2012.

Submit something you already have or write something new.  Just do it soon so you're in the running for one of the great prizes!  The theme for the event is Connecting AutoCAD to the Cloud - entries that most closely adhere to the theme will earn advanced placement. Check out Autodesk Exchange Apps for examples.

First prize is US$5000, Second is US$2000, and Third is US$1000.

Ten finalists will be awarded iPad Minis.

In order to win, you must be present to perform a live demo of your app in Las Vegas on November 26. You do not need to be registered for AU to compete.

For full details, visit the registration site.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
khoa.ho
in reply to: micahdickerson

I have an ongoing idea but still far away to finish coding it. Pretty much interested to build new AutoCAD platforms working on new .NET WinRT and web services on the cloud (AWS, Azure). An idea to build AutoCAD web version using HTML5, SVG, Canvas and JavaScript (not like AutoCAD WS that uses flash). But lots of things happen right now and I don't have enough time to complete many personal projects after work.

See my idea of a new AutoCAD web version (http://www.autocadepot.com/autocadle/). I coded everything from scratch without using any JavaScript libraries for graphics (even jQuery), for optimizing performance (web graphic is much slower than desktop). This site works well only on Google Chrome and Safari. It works to draw lines, circles, rectangles, open remote file, and save drawing content as JSON format to the browser local storage.

Thanks,

-Khoa

Message 3 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: micahdickerson

As a suggestion, you might set up a non-ADN version of the contest with ADN memberships as prizes.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
micahdickerson
in reply to: dgorsman

Great idea! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost