Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renderman for FREE !

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rimcrazy
947 Views, 3 Replies

Renderman for FREE !

All of you students, (and professionals), Pixar has just restructured their pricing policy for renderman.  It's now $495 a license and for non-commercial use, ie students, it's free.  You can check it out here.  Now, for students you can get Autodesk Maya free for 36months and renderman too.  This is pretty cool.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Karen.Snow
in reply to: rimcrazy

Thanks for hte post!

To just add some further information:

Autodesk Student Software:

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all

Pixar Renderman:

http://renderman.pixar.com/view/registration

Cheers,

Karen

Karen Snow
Message 3 of 4
kmarkus-walczak

Any word on when this is actually supposed to be released...other than just "Fall 2014" or "4th quarter"?  I'm already signed up on their mailing list but wondering if we're talking days, weeks or months here... 

Message 4 of 4

I own Maya LT. I was sent here, my case number being Support Case 20010222, by KrishnaKant. I need help! I don't know the correct "path" on my windows pc, in order to get RenderMan (free trial) to work with Maya LT? RenderMan appears in my plug-in manager, but an error keeps popping up:  Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance in Maya/2020LT/scripts/SubstancePluginCreateMenuGui.mel line 119: filePathEditor: Attribute 'substanceNode.substanceFile' and label 'SBSAR' have been saved already. //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: Plug-in, "C:/Program Files/Pixar/RenderManForMaya-24.4/plug-ins/RenderMan_for_Maya.py", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //

renderman.pngrenderman2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report