Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewpoint report to excel?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tfisch86
3737 Views, 1 Reply

viewpoint report to excel?

I am doing some clash detection for a project...

I would like to create a "clash report", that I can track all of our clashes and be able to hand out at meetings.

I want the excel speadsheet to just list the same names as my "saved viewpoints" and the following columns in excel be able to be editable - things like Priority levels, open or closed, etc. - I know these settings are also in Navisworks when running the clashes...

Is there ANY way to export to excel that would be helpful to me? I would rather not have to manually type the HUNDREDS of clashes that there are. Even if I have to fill out the columns myself, getting this exported in some way to excel would be a great starting point.

I know you can export to a xml file, but I do not want to do the clash reporting like that.

The "quickest" work-around I can think of is exporting to xml, open with internet explorer and then manually copy and paste each clash... hardly fast, and way to tedious for me...

THOUGHTS? HELP?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dave.wolfe
in reply to: tfisch86

Export your clash report to Html (tabular)

7-30-2012 10-15-01 AM.png

and then open the html file in Excel.

7-30-2012 10-16-40 AM.png

You should get something like this:

7-30-2012 10-19-28 AM.png

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report