Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selecting elements and changing their color

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
beeola2000
992 Views, 5 Replies

selecting elements and changing their color

I am trying to program navisworks and dont know how to start. Can anyone help me with a code to select elements e.g a door in navisworks and how to change the door color.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I'm just getting started with Navisworks myself, but it's very easy to start selecting objects and adding colors and materials.

I'm currently using Navisworks Manage 2011, not sure which one you have, but I'll attach a screenshot of the ribbon bar pointing out some things you'll want to turn on and start using.

First is the "Selection Tree". From that list you can pick specific items without searching around the model to locate them. The second one is the "Presenter" window. From the Presenter window you can select materials to assign. Once you select an object from the model, pick out a material from the Presenter list and then right click on it. Then select "Apply to Selected Items". You'll see the update immediately in the scene.

Jason Drew
Process Plant Application Engineer
D3 Technologies
Message 3 of 6
beeola2000
in reply to: beeola2000

Hey, Thanks alot but what i mean is 'using the api for that'.

Message 4 of 6
dgorsman

Whats your programming background?  Programming NavisWorks is not a trivial task.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6
beeola2000

I can program in C#, LabView and Visual fortran. I just need a sample code for an idea on how to get started get started. Can you help?

Message 6 of 6
dgorsman

I don't have 2011 installed yet, but there should be a number of example files, along with an object map that should be helpful.  Not sure how far I can help, as I barely grasp the object model and haven't had the time to explore making plug-ins...

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report