Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked revit model alignment issue when loaded into Navisworks - Please help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tfischer
947 Views, 2 Replies

linked revit model alignment issue when loaded into Navisworks - Please help!!

I am working on a coordination project of a large industrial facility being turned into office buildings. The project consist of mutiple buildings that are inter-connected. Each building was drawn seperately in Revit, and then linked into a "master" revit file.

I need each of these files in Navisworks - I went in to Revit and manually exported each into a .nwc for better use in Navis.

I then went to re-assemble all the models in Navisworks. When I loaded each building into Navisworks, everything appeared fine, but upon closer inspection of the Building's was sitting 5" above the others. In the architect's Revit model, all the floors are level - I verified this by cutting a section in Revit.

I can manually move in Navisworks but I don't want to; the architect's model clearly shows all the floors lining up and no elevation changes, but my Navisworks show just the 1 building 5" higher than the rest.

Thoughts?? I am completely stumped. It seems as though there is an issue with the links, but it seems all the "levels" in Revit are the same?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dennis
in reply to: tfischer

Is there a Shared Coordinate in the Revit project files?  If so, when you export, base it on the Shared Parameter rather than the Project Origin.

Message 3 of 3
tfischer
in reply to: dennis

The Revit model was put together with shared coordinates.

When I exporter each .nwc from Revit, I set it to shared coordinates.

I am thinking this is more of a Revit / linking / levels issue than it is with an export or Navisworks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report