Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Freezing with Hyperlinks Enabled

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bcdilley
630 Views, 5 Replies

Viewport Freezing with Hyperlinks Enabled

I am running a coordination on a relatively small healthcare project. Each time that I activate the Hyperlinks, the Viewport freezes and I am no longer able to navigate the model; however, the program overall does not lock up. I am then forced to turnoff the Hyperlinks and restart the program. Under "Tools", "Global Options", "Interface", and "Hyperlinks", I only have the "Clash Detective" and "Viewpoints" selected. Has anyone had similar issues?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tim.wiegand
in reply to: bcdilley

Sounds like a graphics driver problem. Try disabling hardware acceleration using Global Options -> Interface -> Display. If that solves the problem, make sure you upgrade your graphics drivers to the latest version before trying hardware acceleration again.

Tim Wiegand
Software Architect

Message 3 of 6
bcdilley

Thank you for your response. I have tried doing that to no avail. Also, I am running an NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M and have it upgraded to the latest driver.
Message 4 of 6
lcbach

I'm not having a graphic card issue, but when I enable the Hyperlink the program actually shuts down. Has anyone been having this issue? I do have the Service Pack 1 on Naviswork Manage installed. Thanks!
Message 5 of 6
tim.wiegand

We've been able to reproduce this problem. It occurs when using "Clash Detective" hyperlinks where the clash results include "Resolved" clashes. The only workaround is to uncheck display of "Clash Detective" hyperlinks.

The problem will be fixed in a future release.

Tim Wiegand
Software Architect

Message 6 of 6
pixldust

We have a large organic model which loads slow and viewport navigation will freeze when viewed on the web, While the desktop of manage does not freeze. Would this be a graphics card issue as some computers do not freeze when others do?

My understanding is the desktop version of manage uses opengl while the web version uses active x.

We all run the latest updates with win 7 and 64bit os and enough ram. I have 24gb my colleagues have 4-8mb. One colleague can view the active x on the web fine and can navigate freely the others cannot,

At first I thought I would need to reduce poly count of the model as it was 300mb I have it reduced to 70mb now and it actually loads slower and the views still freeze.

While merging in all the model components I left out a section that was done in max and has many organic shapes. It loaded slow and navigation was not freezing. after the shapes were added thats when it locks up navigating from view to view.

What i need to know is technical in nature and could be in re to vertices not welded in max or too many polygons or something which causes slow load times and also what causes viewports to become unresponsive.

This model has elements from max and autocad, many came by way of fbx translation out of navis then into max, performing a reduction then back into navis via 3ds

We have developed a wrapper around the modelview for use on the web. It is the web app of navis where the problems exist. I even used the test html to verify results.

I have to think the views working on one and not on another is due to graphics incompatability.

The load times (my other issue) is constant for any machine, it takes almost 1 minute to 45 seconds on a fast internet connect. (fios 30up and 30 down)

We have manage 11-13   I assembled this in 13 and saved down to nwd 11 to upload on the web

The file is too large to post but can give you access via ftp

Please help

Steven Williams

Director of Tech Sales support

EcoDomus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report