Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing on an iPad

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pfirkins
1388 Views, 6 Replies

Viewing on an iPad

Is it possible to view a NWD model on an iPad?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: pfirkins

i don't believe there is an app for that

you could remote desktop into a computer from your ipad

you can view .dwgs, dwfs on an ipad using free autodesk apps

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
pfirkins
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks Darren. I was hoping to be able to walk around site during construction and take the 3D model with me. Are their plans to create an iPad or iPhone app to view NWD models? Thanks Peter

Message 4 of 7
DarrenP

you would have to ask autodesk that

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
dgorsman

A good first step would be too look at the hardware requirements for Freedom, especially the RAM, plus the size of the NWD files you want to work with (assuming you are going with remote operation so the data *and* program have to be stored on the device).  Then consider what is available in iPads/Phones, and what is required for basic operation.

If its going to be done on a reasonably sized device smaller than a laptop, then I think the means would have to be software-as-a-service, whether it is hosted on a site-based server (all sorts of end-user infrastructure investment required) or over the internet (requires fast, rock-solid wireless connection).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 7
snijdam

Hello,

I have the same issue. I want to walk offline onsite with a nwd model.

There is a solution to view the nwd files on your ipad. When you use buzzsaw you can download the app and upload your model to the buzzsaw environment. You need an internet connection for this when you download the model on your ipad. In the buzzsaw app you can view the nwd file. This wors very smooth. Don't upload files bigger then 5mb.

Only disadvantage is the lack of walk mode. But you can show your client the factory.

Message 7 of 7
jaymine0529
in reply to: snijdam

you can use the autodesk online viewer with any smart phone. this helps in not needing a huge system to pull 3d renders and it helps by giving prints that are tagged to that part or section. if you have a tablet that is through your cell provider, it may be used as well

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report