Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Custom Colors.txt File With RVM Files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mlstoner
2143 Views, 2 Replies

Using Custom Colors.txt File With RVM Files

I'm trying to setup custom colors using the standard colors.txt and the PDMS_colors.txt that come with NW. I have placed a copy in the "...\Application Data\Autodesk NavisWorks Review 2009\rvm" folder. I have tried adding both new lines and modified existing ones. However I still get the same results a grey color of 153, 153, 153.

I know that I'm missing something but have not been successful in locating help topics on this process.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JeffH_ADSK
in reply to: mlstoner

Forgive the silly question, but are you certain the file you're testing with actually references the colour value you are modifying?

The colour values are fetched from the colors.txt - the PDMS_colors.txt is a template that could be renamed to colors.txt if you wanted the PDMS standard colour scheme.

If, for example, the file refers to a colour value of 50, this is mapped to Wheat, which is mapped to 96,87,70 (RVM colour values go from 0-100). If you wanted a different resulting colour for Wheat, you'd change the entries to, say, 30,30,30 for a dark grey.

I hope that helps,

Jeff

Senior Software Engineer
Navisworks
Autodesk Ltd.
Message 3 of 3
mlstoner
in reply to: mlstoner

Jeff,

All questions welcomed silly or not.

I was using the colors.txt file for my testing but I failed to adhere to the colour value range of 0-100 as you stated. After adjusting the colors and staying in the 0-100 range it worked fine.

I was confused because even the PDMS_colors.txt had colors defined above the 0-100 color range. I was trying to brighten the colors for use on a projector which seems to always be a little darker then the actual computer screen. This was pushing them way above the 100 range per the color dialog box within NW.

I wish I could get them a little brighter on the automated side but can work around that.

Appriciate the help,

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report