Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoother Animation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mrmcclenathan
2352 Views, 3 Replies

Smoother Animation

Hi all,

I've been creating an animation from viewpoints and would like to get some smoother transitions between the camera paths. The camera seems to "jerk" from one angle to the other. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make it more smooth and seamless?

See link for current animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7A5OIn7FrY

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: mrmcclenathan

Navisworks interpolates between viewpoints, but doesn't take into account the previous or successive viewpoints.  I've had good results with adding additional viewpoints as the camera goes into and out of the pivot points.  So instead of

v   v   v   v   v

... it looks more like

v       v   v  vvv v   v     v         v

That way there is less interpolation of where the camera is located and pointing, and smoother transitions.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
mrmcclenathan
in reply to: dgorsman

Did you do this through the animator? Or through the saved viewpoints?

I tried doing it through the saved viewpoints but it was pretty difficult to get the right camera angle and position going in and out of the viewpoints. It ended up making it more choppy.

I just started trying to add more viewpoints (or key frames) through the animator. This should be a lot easier sinch I can pause it and click the "capture keyframe" button. However, I feel like this is too easy. Is it really going to make a difference?

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: mrmcclenathan

I add the viewpoints manally and tweak the coordinates of the camera based on the existing viewports.  It takes a bit of work but the results are acceptable for what I'm expecting from this product.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report